The Process and Requirements
Filing Your Uncontested Texas Divorce
Affordable Divorce services make filing an uncontested divorce in Texas fast and easy. Equator Turner, Attorney approves all paperwork.
Texas Residency Requirements
Per Texas statutes, A suit for divorce may not be maintained in this state unless at the time the suit is filed either the petitioner or the respondent has been:
(1) a domiciliary of this state for the preceding six-month period; and
(2) a resident of the county in which the suit is filed for the preceding 90-day period.
Also, a divorce in Texas cannot be finalized if the wife is pregnant. If the wife is pregnant, be sure to keep this in mind.
Your Total Savings
- A Texas divorce lawyer will typically charge $5,000 for a simple uncontested divorce.
- Affordable Divorce completes all of the paperwork required for a Texas divorce quickly and affordably.
- The Affordable Divorce fee is just $399 no children or $699 with children plus the Court’s filing fees. The only additional fee would be if you want your maiden name back. The cost is only $50 if done during the divorce. This cost can range up to $1,000 if done after the divorce.
- No additional fees are charged.
- You typically save $3,700 by using Affordable Divorce.
Affordable Divorce does not act as your lawyer; instead, the service helps you to complete your divorce yourself as Pro Se, saving time and money.
Starting your Paperwork
- Fill out the Client Information Sheet via the link and hit submit.
- This form will come directly to me. I will then call you to go over the information you provided and get your payment information at that time for our required fee ($399 or $699).
- It normally takes about a week to prepare the paperwork. I will call to schedule a meeting to go over the paperwork and your next steps.
- Note: if you own a home and want it included the paperwork, we cannot take your case. Also, if you have children, you will need to provide a copy of your Court Ordered Child Support and Visitation. If you do not have this, you can contact the Attorney General’s office and they will do this free of charge.
- All paperwork is reviewed and approved by Equator L. Turner, Attorney at Law/ Greater Houston Area.