The Process and Requirements
Filing Your Uncontested Texas Divorce
Affordable Divorce services make filing an uncontested divorce in Texas fast and easy. Equator Turner, Attorney approves all paperwork.
Texas Residency Requirements
Per Texas statutes, A suit for divorce may not be maintained in this state unless at the time the suit is filed either the petitioner or the respondent has been:
(1) a domiciliary of this state for the preceding six-month period; and
(2) a resident of the county in which the suit is filed for the preceding 90-day period.
Also, a divorce in Texas cannot be finalized if the wife is pregnant. If the wife is pregnant, be sure to keep this in mind.
Your Total Savings
- A Texas divorce lawyer will typically charge $5,000 for a simple uncontested divorce.
- Affordable Divorce completes all of the paperwork required for a Texas divorce quickly and affordably.
- The Affordable Divorce fee is just $499 no children and no property
- No additional fees are charged.
- You typically save $3,700 by using Affordable Divorce.
- Note: if you own a home and want it included in the paperwork, we cannot take your case. If you have children under 18, we cannot take your case.
Affordable Divorce does not act as your lawyer; instead, the service helps you to complete your divorce yourself as Pro Se, saving time and money.
Starting your Paperwork
- Fill out the Client Information Sheet via the link and hit submit.
- This form will come directly to me. I will then call you to go over the information you provided and get your payment information at that time for our required fee
- It normally takes about a week to prepare the paperwork. I will call to schedule a meeting to go over the paperwork and your next steps.
- Note: if you own a home and want it included in the paperwork, we cannot take your case.
- All paperwork is reviewed and approved by Equator L. Turner, Attorney at Law/ Greater Houston Area.